SCCM Workplace Architect – Genève
REFERENCE : MP20180124
• Builds a flexible, scalable, and secure platform for delivery and management of end user technologies and services.
• Provides technical leadership and escalation from service delivery team in resolving problems, and completing project deliverables.
• Design, configures and implements/upgrades of System Center Configuration Manager products and other Microsoft System Center and Infrastructure solutions.
• Bring up-to-date insights on Microsoft technologies, industry trends and the competition
• Translate business and security requirements to configuration specifications.
• Develops regression testing scenario on application and OS patching, and validate with service delivery.
• Guarantee workplace 100% compliance with applied security updated and deliver related reporting on regular basis.
• Provides expertise on patching management.
• Mentor team members for all workplace.
• Deliver hands-on training for all aspects in relation to SCCM and workplace lifecycle management.
• Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of migration projects.
• Extensive architecture and engineering experience of device management with SCCM in a medium enterprise.
• Expertise in architecture and design of enterprise desktop deployments and processes for developing end to end provisioning processes in SCCM, including OS images, software deployment and patching.
• Deep understanding of SCCM components, roles, interactions, and system dependencies.
• Experience with Active Directory, GPO, Office 365, Exchange Server, SfB, AzureAD, ADFS, EMS, OneDrive required.
• Knowledge of Windows10 security features (Bitlocker-MBAM, Device Health Attestation, Credential Guard, Device Guard, Exploit Guard, Application Guard, AppLocker and Passport).
• Experience designing and supporting large-scale OS and Application patch operations.
• SQL knowledge as it pertains to the design of the SCCM database and reporting services (SSRS).
• Scripting experience using PowerShell, VBS, Shell or equivalent tools, along with an understanding of Microsoft API’s and tool integration.
• Proven track record in core skills for Microsoft Infrastructure Solutions, centering around customer, project and user deliverables.
• Ability to manage complex problems (provides 2nd and 3rd level client support; deploys applications & manages workstations using enterprise management tools).
• Knowledge of standard ITIL processes such as life cycle management and ITSM.
• Fundamental understanding of network concepts (IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, routing, vlans, …) and ability to trouble-shoot and mitigate complex WAN issues related to patch replication and deployment.
• Experience working with offshore delivery & operation team.
• Advanced in English (spoken & written).